What is the difference between a Custom Design and an Already Designed Yearbook Ad?
Custom designs are created from scratch for you and designed based on your vision or images. They are available in three sizes, full, half, and quarter page, and have options for a varying number of image placements based on the size.
An already-designed ad is a pre-designed template. We add your images and limited word count personal messages for you. This style design is prepared exactly as it appears in our visual example. They are priced for a quick turnaround involving a minimal amount of our designer’s time. Accordingly, changes to the layout or design is not included. Options for minor changes or upgrades are possible for an additional cost.
What are the details and sizes for an Already Designed Yearbook Ad?
- Full page ad: 8.5 x 11. Includes 1-6 images and a 35-50 word count message.
- 1/2 page ad: 8.5 x 5.5. Includes 1-4 images and a 25-40 word count message.
- 1/4 page ad: 4.5 x 5.5 Includes up to 1-2 images and a 20-30 word count message.
We can create your ad in any size to match your yearbook’s requirements for no additional cost. Please request size modifications at the time you place your order. Resizing after your design has been prepared involves additional time for our designer to rework the template and is not factored into the initial cost.
Already Designed ads include 1 round of proofing with minor changes to the wording/text only.
We add your images, student’s name, and personal message. Your ad is delivered through digital download to the email address you used when making your purchase and registering on our site. If changes are needed, email your instructions to us. We will make them for you and return the ad with a new ad with the changes. Should additional changes be made after one complete round, there will be an additional charge for our designer’s time.
Files are designed at 300 dpi as a .JPG or .PDF. Please request your file format when placing your order in the notes section.
Pre-designed layouts have limited space available for your personal message. Exceeding the recommended word count is not recommended as it will result in the usage of a smaller font. Using a smaller font will make the ad difficult to read. For best results, adhere to the word counts we list. All wording within your message including the signatures is counted.
Re-designs or extra proofing rounds will incur an additional charge.
Already Designed ads are sold to multiple clients and could be duplicated in your school’s publication.
How do I place an order?
- Select the design you would like to purchase
- Use the drop-down selections on the cart listing to make your selections
- Most projects offer regular and RUSH delivery
- Be sure to include all necessary information that matches your purchase in the message area
- Size or size difference (if applicable to your project)
- Complete the checkout
How do I place my order for a design that includes a photo or photographs?
Once you complete and have paid for your purchase, you will receive an order confirmation. Your upload image area will be on the confirmation receipt.
We LOVE your Posters, do you have them for other countries?
Yes, we will do our best to offer our posters with updated information for different countries. Please inquire as to the availability and pricing.
Can I make changes, or edit your designs myself?
Our templates are designed and personalized by our designer for you. They are priced for a quick return. Changing the layout or physical aspects takes additional time for our designer which has not been calculated in the initial price of the project. Should you wish to change our already-designed projects, you will need to purchase custom design modifications.
We offer DIY (Do It Yourself) options through Canva for “some of our designs.” Our Canva options are currently available on our Etsy site and will be added here shortly.
When will I receive my order?
- SCHOOL PLANS – your order will be processed based on the order of receipt. There is no specific turnaround timing. We will prepare your selected design once we’ve received all the necessary components based on our current workload. You will receive a proof once we’ve completed the design. You will need to proofread for accuracy and submit approval for upload to the yearbook. We will upload it to the yearbook for you to meet your school’s deadline. Please do not wait until the last moment to submit your ad as this will result in the possibility of missing the yearbook company’s required deadline.
- ALREADY DESIGNED projects – 4 Business days calculated from the next business day after your order is placed. ALL required components must be received when placing the order. This does not apply to school plans.
- CUSTOM DESIGNS – 7 Business days calculated from the next business day after your order is placed and the required components are received. This does not apply to school plans.
- PRINTED PURCHASES – Approximately 3 weeks. You will receive your first proof within 4 business days for Already Designed. 7 business days for Custom Designs. Printed projects are prepared by our professional lab and returned to our studio within 4-6 business days. All printed purchases are shipped via USPS Priority Mail. We will keep you updated on the status of your order as it progresses. This does not apply to school plans. 7% FL Sales Tax will be added for Florida addresses.
What if I’m in a RUSH and it’s after business hours?
Email me at susan@BSusan.com or send me a message through the website to check my availability. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9-6 EST. We are closed on weekends and all holidays but will do our very best to accommodate you.
RUSH service is not available for school plans.
What are the details of a RUSH ORDER?
RUSH Orders are priced to cover your time urgency. Your RUSH order is placed at the front of our work queue and given priority attention. Pricing is based on the amount of time needed to complete the RUSH order and our studio’s hours of operation.
RUSH orders are processed during regular business hours, Monday-Friday – 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST. RUSH orders placed after hours or on weekends will be processed on the next business day.
Need something urgently? Inquire about after-hours RUSH. This is done subject to our availability. This is a premium charge service based on the complexity and amount of time needed to complete your order during non-business hours.
Weekend and after-hour inquiries will be replied to as quickly as possible. We are not always available to reply to messages during non-business hours.
RUSH service is not available for school plans.
What are the details regarding a CUSTOM ORDER?
We work together to create something unique that matches your theme, event, or vision. Or, give me the reigns and I will create something for you based on your input.
Creating custom artwork is my specialty. Custom design services are available for all our products. We also offer Marketing and Branding for Small Businesses. Nothing is too big or too small. You will always be kept up to date on my progress and receive unlimited proofing along the way. Just email us with your ideas and we will bring them to life.